The Middle Georgia Regional Airport advertises for job opportunities on AAAE, Indeed, and this website. If you find any career opportunities on any sites other than the aforementioned, understand that we have no affiliation with those companies and do not consent to their postings. We also do not accept any online applications and do not charge any application fees.
Please send all Resumes and Cover Letters for open positions to:
Reports to: Operations Supervisor
Location: Middle Georgia Regional Airport/Macon Downtown Airport
Pay Range: $12.00-17.00 Per Hour (Based on education and experience)
Full Time and Part Time Positions Available.
Full Time Employees will be offered a benefits package; including PTO (Sick and Vacation Time), 401-k, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
Part Time Employees will be offered 25-30 hours per week.
Under the general supervision of the Operations Supervisor, performs a variety of duties as dictated by operational requirements of both the Middle Georgia Regional Airport and Macon Downtown Airport.
Major Responsibilities and Functions:
Operations Coordinators are responsible for the following:
- Conducting daily airfield inspections, identifying and reporting airfield deficiencies, maintaining the Wildlife Hazard Management Program, and responds to all emergency alerts.
- Ensuring airfield security is maintained and provide escort to pedestrians and vehicles in secured areas.
- Issuing, recording, and monitoring all NOTAMS, via FAA Digital NOTAM Manager.
- Acts as liaison with all responding agencies during emergency situations.
- Monitoring and coordinating all construction projects.
- Maintaining work environment and equipment in clean, neat and orderly manner.
- Monitoring daily weather and provides tenants with severe weather notifications.
- Representing airport management on a 24 hour basis.
- May be asked to assist maintenance personnel with projects and operate heavy equipment on occasion.
- May be asked to assist management with marketing, business development, air service development, IT/social media, and/or other areas of airport management.
- Four-year degree in Aviation Management, Airport Operations, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field of study, required.
- One year or greater in Airport Operations, or other relevant experience, preferred.
- Pilot’s license is a significant plus, but not required.
- Excellent, proved interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact and represent the company with airport tenants, state and federal authorities, and other organizations on a professional level.
- Must possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record, or be able to obtain within first month of employment.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with other TBI employees, airline employees, and federal/state aviation agencies.
- General knowledge of computer applications, software and hardware; including Microsoft Office Suite.
Physical Effort: While performing the duties of the position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time throughout the course of daily activities. The employee is regularly required to climb, lift, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Mental Effort: The Operations Coordinator works in an airport environment with interpersonal interaction with people of varying levels of sophistication. The work day may be subject to frequent interruptions and distractions. Therefore, the ability to manage conflicting priorities and associated stress is critical to position success. Stress associated with responding to/solving issues, inquiries and/or complaints from employees, passengers, airport tenants and regulatory agencies. Operations are dynamic and situations may require immediate attention. This position has high exposure to the public and requires a professional approach and demeanor under all conditions. It also requires a genuine willingness to assist persons with a wide range of requests and needs, including individuals with disabilities.
Normal Working Hours:
Normal working hours for this position will vary by shift. Shifts may include weekends, holidays, and irregular hours, according to the operational necessity of the airport.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Middle Georgia Regional Airport and Macon Downtown Airport
Pay Range: $9.00-$12.00 Per Hour
This is a Full Time, Regular Position with Benefits; including PTO (Sick and Vacation Time), 401-k, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, performs a variety of tasks associated with routine maintenance of the airports, their facilities, pavements and grounds.
Major Responsibilities and Functions:
- Responsible for the proficient operation of all airport assigned heavy equipment and first level maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Performs pavement and ground repairs and/or installation of fencing, concrete and asphalt pavement repairs.
- Performs airport grass cutting related activity including the application of herbicides, fertilizers, etc.
- Participates in airfield line striping and marking.
- Participates in airfield joint and crack filling and sealing.
- Participates in airport clean-up, policing and demolition projects, as directed.
- Performs maintenance and repairs to drainage systems.
- Fabricates finishes and installs airport signs.
- Assists other work parties when necessary to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Checks public use areas on a routine basis to insure cleanliness. May be required to perform routine custodial duties.
- Participates in the preparation and painting of offices and facilities.
- Qualified to use a variety of hand and power tools to complete assignments. Performs preventive maintenance on equipment and tools associated with his/her tasks.
- Assists with irregular operations.
- Performs all other airport-related duties as assigned.
- Must posses or be eligible to possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License.
- May be required to work irregular hours.
- Subject to exposure to the elements, adverse working conditions and/or extreme heights on certain assignments.
- Graduation from a four year high school or vocational school or possess a recognized equivalency diploma.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in general maintenance activities, preferred.
- Ability to obtain Class B Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
- Physical Effort: Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy items (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to work safely in an environment containing caustic chemicals, cleaning materials, dust and noise. Routinely required to work under inclement weather conditions. Walking for extended periods of time is required throughout the course of daily activities.
- Mental Effort: Operations are dynamic and situations may require immediate attention. This position has high exposure to the public and requires a professional approach and demeanor under all conditions. It also requires a genuine willingness to assist persons with a wide range of requests and needs, including individuals with disabilities.
Normal Working Hours:
- Normal working hours for this position will vary by shift. Shifts may include weekends, holidays, and irregular hours, according to the operational necessity of the airport.