The Middle Georgia Regional Airport advertises for job opportunities on AAAE, Indeed, and this website. If you find any career opportunities on any sites other than the aforementioned, understand that we have no affiliation with those companies and do not consent to their postings. We also do not accept any online applications and do not charge any application fees.
Please send all Resumes and Cover Letters for open positions to:
Reporting to: Assistant Airport Manager
Location: Middle Georgia Regional Airport/Macon Downtown Airport
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Airport Manager, performs a variety of duties as directed, including lease management, budget/grant preparation and management, contractual management and human resources.
Major Responsibilities and Functions:
- Develop, implement, and maintain the airports’ annual Operations & Management and Capital Improvement Program Budgets
- Seek out and coordinate new airport business opportunities
- Serve as the liaison with the FAA and Georgia Department of Transportation on behalf of Macon-Bibb County Finance Department
- Develop and implement a new Airport Internship Program
- Administer the company’s human resource policies and procedures; and ensure adherence with all OSHA requirements
- Assist with answering and screening phone calls in a professional manner, responding to inquires, greeting visitors, taking messages, prioritizing important calls and contacting appropriate persons.
- Purchase office equipment, supplies and services which includes working with vendors, negotiating orders, verifying deliveries and preparing and completing inventory protocol.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all airport computer systems, budget management systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Drive
- Management of all airport business records, files, contracts, and agreements
- Responsible for handling confidential information
- All other tasks/projects as directed by the Airport Manager or Assistant Airport Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation management, business management, real estate, or other related fields of study required.
- Five years of experience in business management preferred
- Real estate or legal experience is a plus
- General clerical skills, including word processing skills, and computer operations.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer skills and utilize new programs/software.
Physical Effort: While performing the duties of the position, the employee will work in an office environment which is well-lit and air conditioned. The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time throughout the course of daily activities. The employee is required to work on a computer, in addition to doing paper work.
Mental Effort: Position involves encounters with employees, vendors, subcontractors and members of the public. The employee must be sensitive and responsive to the needs of management and the employees. There is stress associated with responding to/solving problems of employees. The position requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment, as well as a creative approach to formulating responses and making recommendations regarding changes in company policy and/or procedures, as required. Operations are dynamic and situations may require immediate attention. This position has high exposure and requires a professional approach and demeanour under all conditions. It also requires a genuine willingness to assist persons with a wide range of requests and needs, including individuals with disabilities.
Reporting Staff: None
Normal Working Hours: The normal working hours for this position will be Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Service Worker (Custodian)
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Middle Georgia Regional Airport
Pay Range: $9.00-$12.00 per hour
This is a Part Time position. The position will accrue Sick and Vacation PTO time, but no other benefits are offered.
Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, performs a variety of tasks associated with custodial cleaning and provisioning of the airport, its facilities and grounds.
Major Responsibilities and Functions:
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the airport terminal building, airport maintenance shop, and other airport buildings as assigned.
- Performs waste removal, vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, and other general cleaning tasks.
- Performs grounds keeping tasks in and around the airport terminal facilities, which may include grass cutting, weed-whacking, tree trimming, landscaping, and other related functions.
- Prepares airport conference room and meeting areas for meetings and functions.
- Provides customer service to airport tenants, fellow employees and airport customers/passengers.
- Provides escort services to non-airport personnel.
- Assists with irregular operations.
- Performs all other airport-related duties as assigned.
- May be required to work irregular hours.
- Subject to exposure to the elements, adverse working conditions and /or extreme heights on certain assignments.
- Graduation from a four year high school or vocational school or possess a recognized equivalency diploma.
- Ability to perform the duties of this classification and other tasks as assigned.
Physical Effort: Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy items (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to work safely in an environment containing caustic chemicals, cleaning materials, dust and noise. Routinely required to work under inclement weather conditions. Walking and standing for extended periods of time is required throughout the course of daily activities. Must be able to climb stairs on a daily basis and utilize ladders on occasion.
Mental Effort: Operations are dynamic and situations may require immediate attention. This position has high exposure to the public and requires a professional approach and demeanor under all conditions. It also requires a genuine willingness to assist persons with a wide range of requests and needs, including individuals with disabilities.
Normal Working Hours: The normal working hours for this position will vary by shift. Shifts may include holidays and weekends.